Did you Know ? (There are 3.5 Million nurses working in the US. 78% of them are RNs.
Starting nursing school tends to morph the average person into a new species.
• Bright white scrubs all the time.
• First time wearing colors is so exciting.
• Proudly worn stethoscope.
• Armload of medical books for studying in the spare few minutes between patients.
• Sensible shoes for keeping up with fast-moving nurses.
• Heavy backpack full of gloves, medical tape, clamps, scissors, a penlight and more pens than Bic, all with durg logos.
• Constantly reminds everyone about health.
• Would rather give a shot than drink one at the bar.
• Will fight classmates over who gets to put in an NG tube.
The highest paid nursing occupations is Nurse Anesthetist. Average annual salary is: $158000.
• Picks apart every medical drama on television. Yells at TV.
• Talks about Gray’s anatomy not the tv show.
• Constantly check vital signs.
• Attempts to diagnose every symptom at home no matter how embarrassing.
• Discusses bodily fluids over dinner.
• Uses proper technique to apply sponge bob square pants band aids.
• Study groups with fellow nursing students.
• Practices vocabulary and technique on the family.